Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Maine is in House Beautiful

The state of Maine gets a mention in April's Issue. Designer Tom Scheerer shows his summer home on the coast.
I love the sofa and wicker chairs. I am not so sure about the rug??

Here's the sofa in a different setting.


I love his reply about Mainers. "The exterior is so staunch and unassuming" Tom replies "That's one thing about Mainers. They're plain folk, and you don't want to go against that much. Fleece is the uniform, not cashmere.  "Are Mainer's straightforward to the point of bluntness?" Tom says "They can be a little brusque. It's easier when people are brusque. I prefer it to that Southern thing that drives me crazy-everybody being nice to each other all the time. Takes too long. There's not enough time in the day".

I would say that's a pretty accurate description;)

More images of Tom Scheerer's Designs

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gayle,
    It's nice to meet a "neighbor" here in Blogland! I came over to check out your blog after you left a comment on mine and I absolutlely love it...I am about to become your newest Follower and will be adding your blog to my sidebar. I can't wait to read more...
    Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. why not try here i was reading this browse around this website read this post here visit this site right here Prada Dolabuy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites