Sunday, March 6, 2011

Checks

I love a check pattern. I think it's the simple graphic quality that appeals to me. Also checks easily blend with all design styles.



When we moved into our home, the kitchen didn't have a back splash. I had a picture of a black and white checkered back splash from a few years ago. This was a great solution to add a big bang for a little money. Simple glazed black and white square tiles are the most inexpensive tile to buy. My very talented husband did the installing. I love the look! I can change the kitchen colors and the back splash still works.



The checkered pattern also shows up on my Amish rocking chair. My sister-in-law gave this to me when I was pregnant with my first child. My husband has changed the webbing a couple of times (it's due again, because our cats love to sharpen their nails on it).




I found the window valance at Lowe's. My mother-in-law added the rickrack for a little extra detail.

I found some other great photos of rooms with checks








(above images: Country Living)

2 comments:

  1. I love checks, too. The kitchen with the marble countertop and the red and black check and red toile is *gorgeous* :D

    Your kitchen looks great. The rickrack adds just enough detail to the valance. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love checks too and totally agree with you about its versitility! That back splash looks great! Love the pictures too. xo caroline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites