Sunday, March 27, 2011

Everything Old is New Again

I am finally ready to show some of my pieces of revamped furniture. I keep forgetting to take before pictures. Also I don't have a camera, my daughter is the family photographer and she's not always available when I need her (I'll be getting my own camera soon!)

The before picture was taken with a phone camera (not great quality). This is an "Ethan Allen" maple hutch with brass knobs.

"Mae"

I painted "Mae" a soft blue/green, distressed the finish and added white porcelain knobs.


This is a sofa table that was in my living room. When I first purchased the piece years ago, it had a light pine finish. I painted it black to make it feel a little more formal. I never felt like this table looked finished.

"Nora"

I painted the piece red and then distressed it. I was not going to go as far as I did, but when sanding the pine showed through and I liked the look. I kept sanding and glazing until the piece felt finished. Sometimes you don't know how the end product is going to turn out until it's done.

I am anxious to show more of my finished work. I am excited to start selling my pieces, that's why I have named them.

Also when I get my own camera, I can take more photos with different angles and close ups.


"Sadie" before her makeover. I'll show her finished in a few days.

What do you think?

I'm joining DebbieDoos Newbie Party please check it out.
I'm also joining Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuedays please take a look.










22 comments:

  1. Everything old is new again...I love that! All such great transformations. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look great! I love the new colors you've chosen. You did a beautiful job on both pieces!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are 3 beautiful girls! Love the color of Mae and can't wait to see the new Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell that I need to get into redoing furniture sometime. It looks like so much fun. But I have so many things and people calling my name right now...☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love "Mae". She could come live at my house but I don't have any room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing!! I am really lovin that hutch!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mae!! That color is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both look really great...looks like you have been real busy. Hop over and show them off at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pieces are fantastic! I know what you mean about not knowing until a specific moment when a project is done... but you've done great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodnes Gayle! All three look great! I wish we lived closer, I want you to come help me paint up some great pieces like these!
    xoxo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love that dresser! I love the satisfaction you feel when you make over a big piece like that! Those knobs are a lovely touch! I will look forward to the next 'after' pic! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. hiya visiting form debbies and following you now too x your work is great and i love the finishes you have done , you will have no problem selling them i am sure
    hope to see you at mine sometime soon
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Great job on all the furniture! Found you from Debbiedo's party & am now a follower! Hope you will come by for a visit & follow back! Have a great day! Allison @ leomommyof4.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog, and all the pictures and projects. Great job. Found you from Debbiedoo's and now following. Hope you will come visit me.
    http://puddlejumpercreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What do I think??? I think you are super-talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would agree, your pieces do look great. Nice Job!!!! I have some pieces that could use a face lift too....want to come see me! It has been way to long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pieces, love your makeover on the hutch!!! TYFS!! Many hugs! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is beautiful! Love the table, and the dresser is an amazing piece. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Thanks for visiting Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all wonderful pieces! You have a great eye, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WWHHHAAAA!!!! I wish I could redo furniture!! It looks wonderful...and my Mom's name is Sadie *grin*.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites