Monday, March 14, 2011

Dining Room

Last week I read the blog by Tracy Porter about adding another "layer" to her dining room.  I love the idea of designing in layers, since I never believe a room is completed. As you get used to a room, it starts to feel a little boring. Instead of redoing everything at one time, always look for things to update and improve.

My dining room has needed some attention for a while. I have had a couple of ideas for a while, it just took some time to implement them. So last weekend I made a point to get the projects done

The cabinet was an easy fix. I bought decorative sheets of writing paper from the local craft store and patch worked them to the back wall.


(before)

The painting project was a little more effort - we measured, taped and then painted.

(before)

I am really happy with the results. I still need something else for the large wall behind the church pew, but it no longer looks so empty.


**I will be joining DebbieDoos Newbie Party today, please check it out**

11 comments:

  1. wonderful result...lovely greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the stripes! I like the color of the paper you used, too....kind of a shrimp color. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you visited me at Brambly so I could find you. I love the style of your blog! I can't wait to see more of your posts. Now following you. Have a wonderful day!

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!! Both look so great! Good job!
    xo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color! Thanks so much for joining my newbie party. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your color, the plates on the wall, and your church pew. I have been moving a church pew around with me since the 1980's, but I wouldn't take anything for it. You can see mine at
    http://cottageatthecrossroads.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room is so pretty! You really did take it up a notch with the painting. Love your china cabinet too! Found your lovely blog via Debbie's party. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dining room is gorgeous. I love what you have done with the walls. I found you over at Debbie's. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the stripes! I was just watching the Nate Berkus show today and some one had stripes and paper in the back of the cabinet is wonderful! I am visiting from Debbie Doos and and I am your newest follower, hope you will stop by for a visit and follow me back.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just love the painted stripes! You guys did a fantastic job! I'm also liking the church pew with the pillows. I'm visiting from Debbie's newbie party and I'm following now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dining room is fabulous! Love the stripes - great idea. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites