Friday, September 9, 2011

Our Farmhouse

"A place belongs forever to whoever claims it hardest...wrenches it from itself, shapes it, renders it, loves it so radically that he remakes it in his own image."
 -Joan Didion

I have finally put together a tour of my home...a work in progress. I wanted to provide this because when I peruse other blogs I always check out their Home Tour.

We moved into our home August 2005. We had just moved back to Maine after spending 20 years away (Hubby retired from the Air Force). This was the only house we looked at...we new immediately this was our home. 

I love the look of an old house, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time on renovation...I'd rather have a new house and work on making it look old.

That's where the name "Vintage Farmhouse" comes from. Our home is a new farmhouse style and the interiors are full of vintage items.
















































We have painted every wall at least once, moved every piece of furniture, and carefully hung every picture. I love color, collections, and an eclectic assortment of things.

Our home is always a work in progress, sometimes the changes happen daily. I'll update these images often and I thank you for visiting!

Gayle

11 comments:

  1. OK, I'm officially in love! I can't even begin to list all of the things I love about your home!!! From the coolest ever chairs on your porch, right down to the doilies on the cafe curtains! You've done a fabulous job making your house a home!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour; I love a great house tour whether online or in person. Your house makes me smile...especially what appears to be a pumpkin color and those red drapes..I love that fabric. Also...how did you make that cloth blind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about your home, you lucky girl. I especially love your kitty in front of the fireplace, how cozy is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tour of your lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement and for becoming a follower of my site! Your home is lovely, and I hope I can transform mine so thoughtfully and creatively! I love the stairwell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gayle, I love your house. I especially love your kitchen (the backsplash, the chairs)...You and I have such similar tastes!!! :D

    I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny, I've had a couple of your followers commenting on my blog now very confused because of following both of our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love love the black & white checkered back-splash...love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gayle, Your home is beautiful and so many things to love. My favorites are the dining room bench and the pretty display of vintage trays. Thank you for linking to the Open House Party and I am now a follower. xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the house tour. Your home is beautiful. I really liked all the painted tables, chests etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites