Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fiestaware

When we moved to Maine from Nevada we needed to lighten the load as much as possible. This was a great opportunity to leave behind the things that we no longer needed and update some things we have had for years. Our everyday dishes for instance. I had been collecting pieces of Yorktown Pfaltzgraff since our wedding. They still looked great, but I was no longer in love with the blue & white designs.


Pfaltzgraff


My sister had been collecting Fiestaware, in all the colors. I love the form of the pieces and the colors look so great stacked in her cabinets. Fiestaware has been around since 1936. The original pieces are highly collectible and often very pricey. Fortunately new pieces are reasonably priced. New colors are always being introduced and other colors discontinued.

I chose sea mist (now discontinued) and turquoise to start. I have since added chartreuse (discontinued color-found mine on eBay), peacock blue and shamrock.







These are my plates. I like the monochromatic look. Maybe in the future I'll add another color.

2 comments:

  1. I love Fiesta ware!!! We have a few pieces that came with our lake cabin. I wanted to thank you for visiting and following my blog. From the looks of your blog, you and I have very similar tastes. I actually have a couple of the pictures you have in your most recent post in my inspiration file :D

    I am your newest follower.

    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. This web site Is Truly wonderful and amazing information maybe there is and looking so captivating.. I look and feel good to generally be here.. Keep sharing good things with buddies.. Thanks meant for sharing...

    fiesta dinnerware

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites