Sunday, June 12, 2011

Step It Up...The Desk

My next room in need of an update is my little dressing room next to the master bedroom. I call this "My Room" and I have filled it with hand-me-down pieces from other rooms in the house (daughter's daybed, dining room curtains, bedroom lamp...) but now it's time to give it some attention. I use this room as a dressing/ironing/extra bed room. I now need a place to keep my laptop and organize some of my paperwork. My business Vintage farmhouse is coming along nicely, but the basket in the den (my currant filing system) is no longer working.

I really need a desk-nothing too big. I love some of the vintage ones I keep seeing in Blog land. I have had a couple of opportunities to pick one up, but I waited too long and they were snatched up quickly.

Misc that I LOVE eclectic bedroom

Centsational girl traditional kids



Desk in Master Bedroom traditional home office


Then I need an inspiration board to hang over the desk


Home office eclectic home office

Custom Home office contemporary home office


(Images: Houzz,Country Living, Sarah Richardson)

I already have my desk chair...$5 at a garage sale. I love the color and natural distressing. I think I'll send this to the upholsterer to have a nice cushion seat made.


This is what my room looks like now.

**I am joining DebbieDoos Newbie Party**
My "newbie" status is almost up, thank you Debbie for the opportunity to meet so many fellow new bloggers. I'll still be checking in to see so many creative people!

8 comments:

  1. I love all of the pics...... I could never take a pic of my desk.........way too messy. I am laughing at the first picture with the black desk. I had one of those purses, probably in the late 60's. They were sold in kits and then I had to glue all of the "jewels" on. Really can't believe I ever carried it, but I thought it was cool then. How, times have changed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! My newbie status is coming to an end too soon!! The end of July! What will we do???
    I haven't visited in a while!! We might have started at close to the same time!! I am probably one of your "oldest" followers!!!
    I think the room is lovely now! The chandelier is a fabulous touch!! and the chair for $5? Amazing!!
    Can't wait to see what you do!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the inspiration pics and that is a great chair for 5.00 bucks, You have a beautiful chandy too. Your off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful...all this inspiration and organization. Thanks for sharing at the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those inspiration photos feature some of my favorite things....like wire basket/gym locker bins. I have 3 dozen of those that help me stay organized.

    I'm your newest follower; found you via Debbie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great room to start with. I love the chair. Your inspirations picture are the best.


    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I'm visiting from Debbie's party! Great inspiration photos! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative.
    I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate
    if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.

    Cheers!

    My webpage ... diets, ,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites