Monday, October 20, 2014

My Guest Room

We are now "Empty Nester's" , our daughter is off to college and our son has moved out on his own. I have been excited to create a guest room with some of the items I have collected but had nowhere to place them. Since our home is for sale I didn't want to purchase anything new and I don't believe in neutral rooms so I used paint left over from other projects. The striped wall filled in for my lack of paint and makes a great backboard for the bed.




I collected vintage frames and filled them with vintage wallpaper. 


This is my inspiration piece...I love, love, love this piece!


The chair is from my daughter's bedroom, she found a "new" one.



I had found these fabulous lamps at a thrift store with their original shades still in plastic!



My mother-in-law gave us the antique bed. I was going to paint it, but I love the wood grain in this room (plus what color would I use!?)

The only thing left to do is rip out the carpet and add wood floors (like the ones in my daughters room), but for now the room is ready for guests.


1 comment:

  1. What a great retro looking room, I really like the frames with the wallpaper in them
    I would paint the bed to match the chest if you can , all the other furniture is painted and looks great mismatched.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites